Christmas Crispy Candy Cane Treats
No one wants to turn on the oven in the heat of summertime, so for today’s #NoBake recipe, we’re celebrating #ChristmasInJuly! 🎅🎄 #DidYouKnow the first mention of Christmas in July was in a late 19th century English translation of French opera “Werther”? In later decades movies and national organizations began observing Christmas in July, to take everyone’s minds off the heat of these months of the year.
Getting in a summery holiday spirit is no problem with this sweet and minty no-bake dessert. Enjoy the refreshing flavor of this crispy treat without heating up your oven. Share your favorite Christmas in July activities! See the full recipe at the link in my bio.
- ¼ cup butter/margarine
- 1 bag (10 oz) of large marshmallows or 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup crush candy canes; 1 tbsp for garnish topping
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Parchment paper or tin foil to line baking dish
- Line baking dish with parchment paper or lightly greased tin foil
- Melt butter/margarine over low heat
- Mix in marshmallows and vanilla, stirring with a wooden spoon until melted and combined
- Mix in crushed candy canes into melted marshmallow mixture
- Mix crispy rice cereal into marshmallow mixture until all the cereal is covered
- Gently pour cereal mix into prepared dish
- Top with 1 tbsp of crushed candy cane as a garnish and let cool
- Cut and enjoy
Some fun tips:
- While the mix still warm, you can shape the crispy mix into the candy cane shapes and decorate by wrapping in red licorice to create a candy stripe effect
- Put crispy treat squares into individual clear bags tied with festive ribbon and adorned with a mini candy cane. Share with family and friends over the holidays.